Thursday, December 27, 2012

John E. Boehner, Genius

Growing up I loved watching Looney Tunes cartoons, and while the Road Runner may never have been my favorite - I usually sympathized with Wiley E. Coyote - it certainly was an excellent depiction of hubris. In this situation, the so-called "Fiscal Cliff," I'm not sure if hubris is really the right word to describe the mule-headed stubbornness of the Republicans to stick to their caveman conservative fanaticism.

What I am certain about is that the Republicans have mostly themselves to blame for getting themselves into this political pickle, and it appears that Americans will hold mostly them responsible for whatever consequences might arise as a result of the budget cuts. It's frustrating, yes, the whole political gridlock, but I'd rather see the Republicans face the music...those looney tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment